Whissell Contracting Ltd has established a solid reputation for providing construction solutions in Alberta. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do. For over 5 decades, Whissell’s expertise has focused on deep Underground Utility infrastructure and Earthwork construction services.
The Underground Foreman will assist the Superintendent with managing site-level activities as well as provide direction and coordination of field-level crews. The Underground supervisor will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- Coordinate daily activities on construction sites to ensure quality and efficient operations, plan ahead to ensure the required materials are on site, inform the superintendent if not, and allow time for delivery.
- Instruct the crew on activities and follow up to ensure compliance
- Inform Superintendent of work activities, issues, workflow, and employee issues
- Keep a detailed record of daily events, communications, weather, delays, ground conditions, etc. in journal/day timer
- Complete timekeeping records on a daily basis and that all relevant information is included
- Ensure completed work meets the required specifications
- Discipline employees as required
- Ensure work is performed within Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures
- Ensure company safety policies are met by all workers, including Job Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment, Tool Box meetings and communication of Safety Memos and that all incidents are reported (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, etc.) before the end of the shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, ensure gen-sets, pumps, hoses etc. are taken care of and returned to the shop when no longer required.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with consultant, owner and City representatives
- Must have 3-5 years experience as a Supervisor working in Deep Underground Utility Installation and Infrastructure field
- Knowledge of construction techniques and safety practices
- General survey knowledge
- The ability to read and understand blueprints and city specifications
- General knowledge of proper equipment operation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-leadership, supervisory, interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
Apply now to become part of a driven team!
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter through indeed or visit our website whissell.ca
Whissell would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
COVID – 19 Considerations
Employees expected and required to follow all safety and PPE measures, including the outlined use of masks or face coverings and maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters. Whissell evaluates these requirements regularly and follows the recommendation by health authorities and we adjust the requirements as needed.