Purpose: To effectively operate a truck, tractor and/or a tractor and trailer in a safe and efficient manner.
• Completes a thorough pre-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and periodically throughout shift
o Records deficiencies and reports to Transportation Manager and appropriate shop staff
• Maintains a daily log book as per Commercial Motor Vehicle Act
• Liaises with dispatch to determine daily work assignment(s)
• Operates assigned unit in a safe and effective manner, carrying out assigned duties
• Loads, transports and unloads goods and materials according to known transportation best practices and as per legislative guidelines
• Ensures vehicles and axle weights meet regulatory requirements
• Secures cargo according to legislated requirements
• Keeps assigned unit clean and presentable
• Must have 2 years of heavy equipment hauling experience,
• Minimum 2 years of low bed and winch experience,
• Over dimensional experience would be an asset.
• Mechanical aptitude and excellent knowledge of the Edmonton and central Alberta area.
• Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
• Must possess a valid class 1 driver’s license with a recent and clean abstract,
• RSTS or CSTS training,
• Whissell S.P.I.R.I.T.
• Competitive wages
• Safety incentive program
• RRSP matching