Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Superintendent will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency. The Superintendent will manage, plan, coordinate and supervise the construction of the assigned projects to complete on time and under budget. The Superintendent has a direct impact on the company’s overall financial success and is responsible for coordinating and supervising all day to day activities on site.
Duties and Required Skills
• Review job file and become familiar with original estimate, plans and specifications
• Attend pre-construction meeting(s) to review project specs, bid and establish construction approach, work sequences and resources to complete project on time and on budget
• Meet with owner/owners representative at least bi-weekly in order to review the progress/schedule and discuss issues
• Document all pertinent project information, including weather, site conditions, employee issues, conversations with inspectors, owner’s representatives and consultant representatives and changes in scope
• Review and approve electronic timesheets submitted by Foreman on a daily basis
• Ensure that all materials are ordered with purchase orders or requisitions for materials/supplies from suppliers, parts room, yard and warehouse
• Review grade sheets for accuracy
• Complete Field Orders for extra work, including sign off from owner’s representative and submit to project manager for billing as Force account
• Coordinate with Project Manager for document inspections on completed work, including prime/owner/consultants’ sign off
• Coordinate with Project Manager for FAC inspections
• Attend project closeout meeting to ensure outstanding issues are resolved, deficiency are completed, CCC and final billings include all work completed
• Ensures interdepartmental interactions are occurring regularly to ensure co-ordination of equipment and manpower
• Maintain and develop strong relationships with consultants, customers, subcontractors and inspectors to ensure company reputation for quality and integrity are upheld
• Ensure company policies, core values and culture are being consistently achieved
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports
• Thorough understanding of construction procedure and safety practices
• Extensive knowledge of proper equipment utilization, operation and maintenance
• 10 years’ of construction experience
• Fluent in English and hand signals
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.