Whissell is a long-standing family run business who is proudly dedicated to safety. With decades of industry experience, Whissell is the expert in deep underground utility construction and infrastructure. The Senior Project Manager will manage site level activities as well as provide direction, coordination, control and completion of assigned projects by liaising with both field level personnel (including Superintendents) and other stakeholders.
- Act as the focal point for managing multiple projects across multiple clients, and interact with the Technical Leads/Managers, Customer, and Project Team to resolve any emerging issues
- Oversee and manage construction projects including the development of work plans, schedules, budgets, manpower and equipment needs
- Scheduling of internal pre-commencement meeting to review project specifications, bid and establish construction approach and manage permit and approvals acquisition, safety and environmental compliances
- Lead the development of project master CPM schedules
- Respond to RFP’s, create statement of works (SOW’s) and Project Change Notices for the client on behalf of the Project teams
- Ensure projects are executed, controlled and monitored to result in on-time, on-budget delivery, at a quality level satisfying requirements and client expectations.
- Ensure scope changes are proactively identified and successfully negotiated with the customer.
- Supervise and control the execution of the construction, including the fiscal and administrative functions of the project
- Supervise and manage project team
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with the Owner, Project Engineers, local businesses, and police and fire departments
- Ensure strict adherence to contract specifications
- Compile and track quantities and costs; document, plan revisions, change notices, change orders, and all other paperwork required on the project
- Control purchasing, procurement, and subcontract management
- Plan and maintain ongoing material and resources requirements with Superintendent
- Coordinate and document inspections with owner representatives and Superintendent on completed work including CCC and FAC
- Comply with Whissell and local Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Identify any additional work opportunities on the site and with the Regional Operations Manager
- Eng, CET or 10+ years related deep underground utility infrastructure experience or combination thereof
- Experience leading teams, including but not limited to, coaching, mentoring, giving feedback
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports
- Thorough understanding of construction process, environmental regulations and safety practices
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Previous experience using B2W software an asset
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.