Whissell is a family run, longstanding company that prides itself on being dedicated to Safety. After decades in industry, Whissell is an expert in deep underground utility infrastructure and construction. Whissell is currently looking for a Project Manager with high attention to detail who will manage the various aspects of construction project activities, coordinating with Superintendents, Project Management teams, clients and vendors.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the project including the project plans, specifications, and project documents
- Be responsible for production and cost reporting analysis
- Develop, monitor, update and communicate the project progress schedule
- Review the project schedules with the Regional Operations Manager and Superintendents
- Review, authorize and approve payment of vendor and subcontractor invoices
- Ensure safety policies and safe work practices are implemented at the project
- Manage subcontractors
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all project stakeholders
- Have a working knowledge of the duties of the Superintendents and Foreman and assist as required
- Review daily jobsite reports
- Organize change orders and claims with the assistance of the Manager of Project Management
- Conduct all meetings with the Owner and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit the Subcontract Agreements and Material Supply Agreements for review by the Manager of Project Management prior to submission to the Vendor and review returned executed Subcontract Agreements for accuracy, prior to signature by an authorized person of Whissell
- Oversee all permits required by the project
- Compile Job Projection Cost Reports for Whissell management
- Compile productivity factors from field reporting and compare actual to expected production factors and report back to Superintendents and Foreman
- Compile and track quantities and costs; document plan revisions, change notices, change orders, and all other paperwork required on the project
- Comply with Whissell and local Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OHS rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Whissell reserves the right to add or change responsibilities as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Planning and organizing
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- 5+ years related underground utility infrastructure experience. Other combinations of experience and education may be considered
- P.Eng or CET is preferred
- Experience reading and understanding blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports is required
- Thorough understanding of construction process, environmental regulations and safety practices is required
- Previous experience using B2W software an asset
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.