Whissell is a family run, longstanding company that prides itself on being dedicated to Safety. After decades in industry, Whissell is an expert in deep underground utility infrastructure and construction. Whissell is currently looking for a Project Coordinator with high attention to detail who will assist the Project Manager manage the various aspects of construction project activities.
- Emphasize safety as a number one value of Whissell including ensuring that safety policies and safe work methods are implemented at the jobsite
- Have a thorough knowledge of the plans and specifications of the project
- Develop, monitor, update and communicate the schedule progress
- Be responsible for tracking actual production quantities and costs and reporting them to the Project Manager
- Oversee all field correspondence/site documentation to the Owner, Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, etc.
- Coordinate changes to the contract including communication with superintendent/foreman and ensure documentation is updated
- Prepare and inform PM of invoice payments
- Manage subcontract schedules and monitor quality of work as directed by the Project Manager
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all project stakeholders
- Gather, review and send to the Project Manager, the daily jobsite reports
- Compile productivity factors from field reporting, compare the actual to expected production factors and report back to Superintendents, Foremen and Project Managers
- Compile and track quantities and costs; document, plan revisions, Change Orders and all other paperwork required on the project
- Responds to inquiries from department personnel regarding assigned project status
- Comply with Whissell and local Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Maintain project files
- Monitor employee compliance with OHS rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Whissell reserves the right to add or change responsibilities as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Planning and organizing
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience coordinating projects within the underground utility and construction industry
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Qualification in project management or equivalent
- CET is preferred
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.