Reporting to the Underground Foreman, the Pipelayer will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency.
Duties and Required Skills
• Train, mentor and motivate junior crew members
• Carry out site foreman’s directives safely throughout daily operations
• Install various sizes and material of pipe
• Work safely in deep trenches
• Ability to safety work around excavation equipment including excavators, loaders, packers, etc.
• Cut pipes to required lengths
• Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
• Dig trenches to desired or required depths by hand or using trenching tools
• Preform other duties as required
• 3 to 5 years of experience deep underground utilities experience
• Must have your own transportation
• High attention to detail, problem solving, decision making skills are required
• RSTS or CSTS Certificate
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.