Whissell is a long-standing family run business who is proudly dedicated to safety. With decades of industry experience, Whissell is the expert in deep underground utility construction and infrastructure. Reporting to the Underground Foreman, the Pipelayer will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Install pipe on grade and on line.
- Make sure the pipe is cleaned
- Make sure pipe is pushed in the proper way
- Make sure tools are loaded in the morning
- Make sure all tools are kept in good condition
- Proves ability to lay concrete, PVC, and Poly pipe
- Proves ability to lay box pipe
- Shows comprehension of why pipe must stay on center line at all times
- Proves ability to setup centre line in trench
- Shows ability to start pipe lineup on correct path
- Work and act as a mentor on site to junior crew members, especially Pipe Layer Helpers
- Setup measurements for pipe placement and concrete coring into manholes.
- Prove ability to utilize and teach correct procedure for line capping at end of shift
- Ensure correct amount of gravel coverage around pipe before backfill operations
- Complete understanding of all soil types
- Understand, and utilize correct rigging procedures including but not limited to, correct rigging, clamps and clutches
- Mentor and coach juniour employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Ensure compliance with Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures
- Minimum of 3-5 year working as a Pipelayer in the Deep Underground Utility Installation industry
- Thorough knowledge of pipe lasers and transit use (leveled, grade, proper working order)
- Ability to read blueprint and city specifications is required
- Ability to read and understand Locates is required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
Whissell provides a competitive compensation package including benefits with health, vision and dental coverage, along with employee development and training.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email your resume, visit www.whissell.ca/careers or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.