Whissell Contracting Ltd has established a solid reputation for providing construction solutions in Alberta. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do. For over 5 decades, Whissell’s expertise has focused on Underground and Earthwork construction services.
Reporting to the Underground Supervisor, the Pipelayer will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Train, mentor and motivate junior crew members
- Carry out site supervisor’s directives safely throughout daily operations
- Install various sizes and material of the pipe
- Work safely in deep trenches
- Ability to safely work around excavation equipment including excavators, loaders, packers, etc.
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths by hand or using trenching tools
- Mentor and coach junior employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Ensure compliance with Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 3-5 year working as a Pipelayer in the Deep Underground Utility Installation industry
- Epcor water main replacement experience is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of pipe lasers and transit use (leveled, grade, proper working order)
- Ability to read blueprint and city specifications is required
- Ability to read and understand Locates is required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
- Whissell provides a competitive compensation package including benefits with health, vision, and dental coverage, along with employee development and training.
Apply now to become part of a driven team!
To apply, submit your resume and driver’s abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter through indeed or visit our website www.whissell.ca/jobs/ TO APPLY!
Whissell would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Start Date: August 2021