Reporting to the Underground Foreman, the Pipelayer Helper will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency.
Duties and Required Skills
• Assist pipe layers in daily duties as required
• Shovel gravel, hand dig for bell holes, water valves, or to unhook materials which have been craned into the trench
• Assist in pipe placement, soil compaction, pipe line up
• Able to safely stand where the machines are operating
• Assist in measuring pipe for cuts into manholes, bends, hydrants, and connections
• Learn about why it is important to remove gaskets from pipe connections, clean, inspect and reinstall.
• 3 to 5 years of experience deep underground utilities experience
• Must have your own transportation
• High attention to detail, problem solving, decision making skills are required
• RSTS or CSTS Certificate
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.