With decades of experience beginning in 1970, Whissell is among the most respected contracting companies in the industry. We are seeking experienced Landfill Equipment Operators to join our team in the Peace River Regional District- Fort St. John Landfill.
This position involves running equipment 2 days and landfill/scale attendant for 3 days and is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of a variety of heavy construction equipment used at the PRRD Landfill sites (i.e. excavator, bulldozer, landfill compactor, rubber tire loader and skid steer). The successful candidate will follow the established policies and procedures of the PRRD Facilities and Whissell Waste Solutions in the execution of his/her daily duties.
• Complete all required paperwork pertaining to Safety, PM program, and Service reports.
• Work overtime when required
• Some labourer work will be required
• Comply with Whissell and local OH&S regulations
• Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
• Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
• Understand and follow Whissell and Supplier maintenance guidelines for each piece of
equipment to achieve optimum efficiency. Including, but not limited to, the following:
• Complete Equipment Checklist Sheets and routine equipment walk around assessment;
• Lubrication of all moving parts;
• Blowouts and steam cleaning as required;
• Verify and top up fluid levels;
• Ensure all machines are fueled and ready for work;
• Verify air filter status and address as required;
• Verify and report the condition of cutting edges, bucket teeth and all other parts susceptible to wear;
• Ensure required PPE is always worn
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in the safe operation and use of heavy construction equipment typically used for landfills and other civil works (Dozer, Track Loader, Packer)
• Previous experience working in a Landfill environment is considered an asset
o Complete and maintain SWANA (Solid Waste Association of North America) Operator’s
Basic Certification and MOLO
o Previous scale experience is considered an asset
• Valid Class 1or 3 license
What We Offer You:
• Competitive compensation and incentive program
• Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
• Safety incentive program
• Professional and Career development opportunities
• Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
• Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Expected start date: Aug 2021