With decades of experience beginning in 1970, Whissell is among the most respected contracting
companies in the industry. We are seeking Landfill Attendant to join our team in the Peace River Regional
District ( Location: Fort St John).
Reporting to the Landfill Foreman, the Landfill Attendant will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T
of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency. This position operates the landfill
weigh systems, directs disposers to the proper deposit area; screens loads; provides information to
callers and disposers; performs clerical tasks; and conducts minor site cleanup and recycling.
• Comply with and promotes provincial, municipal and Whissell OH&S regulations
• Comply with and promote Whissell’s core S.P.R.I.T. values and company policies
• Operate scale and computer system; weigh vehicles in and out; direct disposers to the proper disposal area; inspect loads; issues ticket; collect fees; prepare daily and monthly reports; other duties necessary to track landfill users
• Greet visitors, answers telephones and other miscellaneous clerical duties
• Assist with tracking invoices for solid waste disposal fees
• Perform minor load screening and working in the disposal area, talking to disposers to provide
information on site rules and restrictions
• Perform site litter collection and minor custodial tasks
• Assist with other projects as required
• Speak, read and write English
• Able to take direction
• Work well with others
• Class 5 Driver’s license is required
• Previous experience working in a Landfill environment is considered an asset
• Previous scale experience is considered an asset
What We Offer You:
• Competitive compensation and incentive program
• Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
• Safety incentive program
• Professional and Career development opportunities
• Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
• Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, submit your resume through Indeed or visit the careers page on our website. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From $17.00 per hour