Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the HD Technician On and Off-Highway will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency. Working out of our Calgary facility, this position has a direct impact on the company’s overall financial success and will perform repairs and PMs as required for company equipment.
Duties and Required Skills
- Diagnose and complete repairs, PMs on all company equipment in shop and field.
- Order parts/material required to complete repairs
- Inform Shop Foreman of work activities, issues, and work flow issues
- Ensure work is performed within Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures, including Job Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment, Tool Box meetings, communication of Safety Memos and that all incidents are reported (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, etc) before the end of the shift
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, ensure employees’ paper work is completed correctly, PM schedules are accurate and repairs remain within budget requirements
- Complete work orders and timekeeping records on a daily basis and that all relevant information is included
- Ensure completed work meets the required specifications
- Comply with Whissell and local OH&S regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Work with limited supervision
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other departments and outside contractors/suppliers
- Journeyman Heavy duty technician (Interprovincial and CVIP an asset)
- Previous journeyman work experience of 5 years, including multiple product lines found in the construction industry
- Knowledge of Alberta OH&S regulations an asset
- Computer skills and knowledge of Finning SIS an asset
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.