Whissell is a family run business that prides itself on its commitment to safety. With decades of experience, Whissell is the expert in underground utility infrastructure and construction. Whissell is looking for an experienced Hydrovac Operator who has a high attention to detail and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Completes a thorough pre-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and periodically throughout shift
- Records deficiencies and reports to Transportation Manager and appropriate shop staff * Maintains a daily log book as per Commercial Motor Vehicle Act
- Liaises with dispatch to determine daily work assignment(s)
- Operates assigned unit in a safe and effective manner, carrying out assigned duties
- Keeps assigned unit clean and presentable
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, and digging
- Operate Hydrovac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for Hydrovac operation
- Responsible for the safe and effective flushing of water, storm, and sanitary pipe and manholes
- Complete all required paperwork properly and within set time lines
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections, as well as routine maintenance
- Completes other training as required
- Comply with Whissell and local OH&S regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of recent hydro vac, trucking, and vacuum truck related experience
- Mechanical aptitude and multiple field tickets an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong customer service focus
- Must possess a valid class 3 or class 1 driver’s license with a recent and clean abstract
- RSTS and Ground Disturbance training is preferred
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email resume or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only
applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.