Whissell is seeking experienced Heavy-Duty Technicians, to work in our new Leduc facility servicing a large Underground and Earthworks fleet of late model equipment. Whissell is a longstanding family owned company; we pride ourselves in providing competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits plan and promote a great work/life balance. Reporting to the Equipment Manager, Heavy Duty Technicians work both in the shop and out in the field and are responsible for the maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of off road equipment fleet.
- Perform daily running repairs, PM’s, and component overhaul to our fleet, as directed by Shop Forman/Equipment Manager
- Complete all required paperwork pertaining to Safety, PM Program and Service reports
- Mentor other team members as required
- Perform all repairs and PM’s as per OEM guidelines
- Work overtime as required
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Journeyman Off-road/On-road Tech Certification
- Valid Drivers license, clean abstract (Class 3 with Air Endorsement is considered an asset)
- First Aid – Standard with CPR
- Welding Ticket is considered an asset
- Red Seal Certification is considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years in trade, with a minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Experience working in both a shop and the field
- Proven time management skills
- Strong ability to multi task
- Self-starter• Team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in Hydraulic systems
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Extensive knowledge in the following OEM computer systems
- Caterpillar SIS
- Caterpillar ET
- John Deere Service Advisor
- Extensive knowledge in the Preventative Maintenance, Troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of the following product lines:
- Caterpillar Excavators, Dozers, Scrapers, Wheel Loaders, Track Loaders, Motor Graders, Scrapers, Articulated Trucks, Compactors
- John Deere Excavators, Dozers, Wheel Loaders, Articulated Trucks, Track Loaders
- Volvo Articulated Trucks
- Komatsu Excavators, Articulated trucks
- Terex Trash Master
WHISSELL OFFERS YOU
- Highly Competitive wages
- Cash Safety Incentive program
- Employer paid Benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Vacation Plan
If you are ready to be part of a large growing company with stability and family values; we invite you to apply. Email your resume to email@example.com or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.