Whissell is a long-standing family run business who is proudly dedicated to safety. With decades of industry experience, Whissell is the expert in deep underground utility construction and infrastructure. The General Superintendent and is responsible for coordinating and supervising all day to day activities on site.
- Review job file and become familiar with original estimate, plans and specifications
- Attend pre-construction meeting(s) to review project specs, bid and establish construction approach, work sequences and resources to complete project on time and on budget
- Meet with owner/owners representative at least bi-weekly in order to review the progress/schedule and discuss issues
- Document all pertinent project information, including weather, site conditions, employee issues, conversations with inspectors, owner’s representatives and consultant representatives and changes in scope
- Review and approve electronic timesheets submitted by Foreman on a daily basis
- Ensure that all materials are ordered with purchase orders or requisitions for materials/supplies from suppliers, parts room, yard and warehouse
- Attend project closeout meeting to ensure outstanding issues are resolved, deficiency are completed, CCC and final billings include all work completed
- Ensure company policies, core values and culture are being consistently achieved
- Train, mentor and develop direct reports to build a strong team
- In conjunction with Foreman, direct the work required to complete the project
- Review grade sheets for accuracy
- Complete Field Orders for extra work, including sign off from owner’s representative and submit to project manager for billing as Force account
- Coordinate with Project Manager for document inspections on completed work, including prime/owner/consultants’ sign off and FAC inspections
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with consultants, customers, subcontractors and inspectors to ensure company reputation for quality and integrity are upheld
- Construct project in an environmentally sustainable fashion
- Comply with Whissell and local OH&S regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Ensures interdepartmental interactions are occurring regularly to ensure co-ordination of equipment and manpower
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- High attention to detail and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience in the Deep Underground Utility Installation and Infrastructure field
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports
- Thorough understanding of construction procedure and safety practices
- Extensive knowledge of proper equipment utilization, operation and maintenance
- Water Renewal experience will be considered an asset
Whissell provides a competitive compensation package including benefits with health, vision and dental coverage, along with employee development and training.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email your resume, visit www.whissell.ca/careers or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.