Whissell is a long-standing family run business who is proudly dedicated to safety. With decades of industry experience, Whissell is the expert in deep underground utility construction and infrastructure. The Underground Foreman will assist the Superintendent with managing site level activities as well as provide direction and coordination of field level crews.
- Coordinate daily activities on construction sites to ensure quality and efficient operations, plan ahead to ensure required materials are onsite, inform superintendent if not and allow time for delivery.
- Instruct crew on activities and follow up to ensure compliance
- Inform Superintendent of work activities, issues, work flow and employee issues
- Keep a detailed record of daily events, communications, weather, delays, ground conditions, etc. in journal/day timer
- Complete timekeeping records on a daily basis and that all relevant information is included
- Ensure completed work meets the required specifications
- Discipline employees as required
- Ensure work is performed within Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures
- Ensure company safety policies are met by all workers, including Job Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment, Tool Box meetings and communication of Safety Memos and that all incidents are reported (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, etc.) before the end of the shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, ensure gen sets, pumps, hoses etc. are taken care of and returned to shop when no longer required.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with consultant, owner and City representatives
- Must have 3-5 years experience as a Foreman working in Deep Underground Utility Installation and Infrastructure field
- Water Renewal experience will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of construction techniques and safety practices
- General survey knowledge
- The ability to read and understand blueprints, and city specifications
- General knowledge of proper equipment operation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-leadership, supervisory, interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
Whissell provides a competitive compensation package including benefits with health, vision and dental coverage, along with employee development and training.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email your resume or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.