|Title||Experienced Underground Foreman|
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Underground Foreman will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality and efficiency. The Foremen is the team leader and therefore, has a direct impact on the company’s overall financial success. Assist Superintendent in managing field operations through planning, coordinating, and with limited supervision, completion of required key functions, while also performing actual tasks.
Duties and Required Skills
• Turn in daily paperwork / time keeping forms
• Responsible for making sure all tools required for work are on site and in good operating condition
• Maintain and foster a clean, organized work environment, including housekeeping on job site, trailers, equipment and vehicles
• Immediate reporting (accidents / thefts, etc.)
• Responsible for onsite inventory control
• Manage and motivate workers
• Promote the WIIT program
• Ensure quality controls are in place and work is done accurately
• Maintain support equipment
• Install pipe on line, on grade with quality
• Ensure locates are present and all utilities have been exposed
• Have substantial knowledge of local underground specifications
• Ability to read Blueprints and grade sheets and perform survey functions
• Maintain good public relations (public, consultants, inspectors, etc.)
• Mentor and train / direct manpower
• Comply with Whissell and local Occupational Health & Safety regulations
• Job planning / look ahead
• Perform employee performance reviews
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a Foreman working in an Underground Utility environment
• Thorough knowledge of construction procedures, including safety practices
• Using knowledge and skills obtained from both education and field experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledgeable in setting up and using a laser for grade
• Fluent in English and hand signals
• Understanding of contracts, asset utilization and costing
• Civil construction knowledge
• Previous experience using B2W software will be considered an asset
Whissell provides a competitive compensation package including benefits with health, vision and dental coverage, along with employee development and training.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.