Whissell is hiring an Estimator for our Underground Division to support Whissell’s Vision, Mission, and S.P.I.R.I.T. of Values, and recognize that the Estimator has a direct impact on the company’s overall financial success. To produce cost estimates for assigned tenders, evaluate bid specifications and drawings, ensure that information is current and correct, which is required to successfully bid and win the tender. Follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received.
- Prepares and maintains status of plan reproduction
- Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day
- Contacts supply houses to obtain additional subcontractor bids
- Produce bid package for Project Manager and Superintendent including labour and equipment budgets, material suppliers, subcontractors, tender specifications and contracts
- Export budget from Estimating system for upload into field tracking and accounting system
- Create a bid package for successful tenders and distribute to project manager and superintendent
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline – no exceptions
- Updates Build2Win and costing system with project data to keep costing current
- Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimates
- Conduct tender review meeting to review scope, productions, construction approach, competitive landscape, schedule and set mark up
- Submit Tenders forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, leadership and supervisory skills
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Eng., CET or minimum 5 years related industry experience or combination
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, schedules and costing reports
- Thorough understanding of construction process, environmental regulations and safety practices
- Previous experience using B2W estimating software an asset
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.