Reporting to the Underground Foreman, the Topman will support the Foreman in managing field operations through planning, coordinating, and with limited supervision, completion of the required key functions to meet the time, cost, and other contract requirements., while also performing actual tasks.
Duties and Required Skills
- Report any formal issues/incidences to Foreman
- Prepare, load and help labourers gather tools required for the day
- Assist crew members in the ditch by watching slopes, rolling lumps of dirt, and shifting ditch walls
- Utilize and prepare all tools required in the ditch.
- Remains at the respective post at all times
- Act as the main communication point between labourers, pipe layers and foreman
- Hook up and crane tools into the ditch
- Assists in loading/unloading of ditch/site protection (fencing/barricades) and setup
- Act as the main watchpoint for hazards, ladders, slopes, etc.
- Measuring for proper height of batter boards, and continuously ensuring they are level
- Direct manpower and assets as required
- Ability to correctly mentor junior crew members
- Demonstrates ability to protect work area with correct signage, barricades, and fencing
- Understands encroachment limitations/distances when working near overhead/underground utilities
- Understands excavator right of ways
- Understands correct rigging requirements, including cables, shackles, and tie points
- Correctly centers loads to be lifted into the ditch
- Can read blueprints, drawings, and grade sheets
- Assist in acquiring HI and shooting eye level
- First Aid – Standard with CPR
- RSTS/CSTS is considered an asset
What We Offer You:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Safety incentive program
- Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
PLEASE NOTE: All employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
To apply, submit your resumes through Indeed
We would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time