Whissell is a family run, longstanding company that prides itself on being dedicated to Safety. After decades in industry, Whissell is an expert in deep underground utility infrastructure and construction. Whissell is currently looking for a Project Manager with high attention to detail who will manage the various aspects of construction project activities, coordinating with Superintendents, Project Management teams, clients and vendors.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the project including the project plans, specifications, and project documents
- Be responsible for production and cost reporting analysis
- Develop, monitor, update and communicate the project progress schedule
- Review the project schedules with the Regional Operations Manager and Superintendents
- Review, authorize and approve payment of vendor and subcontractor invoices
- Ensure safety policies and safe work practices are implemented at the project
- Manage subcontractors
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all project stakeholders
- Have a working knowledge of the duties of the Superintendents and Foreman and assist as required
- Review daily jobsite reports
- Organize change orders and claims with the assistance of the Manager of Project Management
- Conduct all meetings with the Owner and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit the Subcontract Agreements and Material Supply Agreements for review by the Manager of Project Management prior to submission to the Vendor and review returned executed Subcontract Agreements for accuracy, prior to signature by an authorized person of Whissell
- Oversee all permits required by the project
- Compile Job Projection Cost Reports for Whissell management
- Compile productivity factors from field reporting and compare actual to expected production factors and report back to Superintendents and Foreman
- Compile and track quantities and costs; document plan revisions, change notices, change orders, and all other paperwork required on the project
- Comply with Whissell and local Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OHS rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Whissell reserves the right to add or change responsibilities as required
- 5+ years related underground utility infrastructure and/or earthwork experience. Other combinations of experience and education may be considered
- P. Eng. or CET or PMP designation is considered an asset
- Experience reading and understanding blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports are required
- Thorough understanding of construction process, environmental regulations and safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience using B2W software, or similar program, is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft suite is required
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
Apply now to become part of a driven team!
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract to email@example.com with the subject line: Project Manager – Lethbridge
Whissell would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
COVID – 19 Considerations
Employees expected and required to follow all safety and PPE measures, including the outlined use of masks or face coverings and maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters. Whissell evaluates these requirements regularly and follows the recommendation by health authorities and we adjust the requirements as needed.