Whissell Contracting Ltd has established a solid reputation for providing construction solutions in Alberta. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do. For over 5 decades, Whissell’s expertise has focused on deep Underground Utility infrastructure and Earthwork construction services.
Whissell is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team. This position is located out of our Calgary office. The successful candidate will display high attention to detail as the provide leadership to the Operations Team with various aspects of construction projects. The Project Manager will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the plans and specifications of the project
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all project stakeholders
- Emphasize safety as a number one value of Whissell including ensuring that safety policies and safe work methods are implemented at the Jobsite
- Be responsible for production and cost reporting analysis
- Develop, monitor, update and communicate the project progress schedule with the Regional Operations Manager and Superintendents
- Contract negotiation and management
- Subcontract management
- Change Order management
- Conduct all meetings with the Owner and subcontractors
- Have a working knowledge of the duties of the Superintendents and Foreman and assist as required
- Oversee all permits required by the project
- Compile Job Projection Cost Reports for Whissell management
- Ensure compliance and monitor employee compliance with Whissell and local Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment regulations and standards
- Additional responsibilities as directed
- Position is based on a 40-hour workweek, additional hours may be required during peak construction months.
- 5+ years related underground utility infrastructure and/or earthwork experience. Other combinations of experience and education may be considered
- P. Eng. or CET or PMP designation is considered an asset
- Experience reading and understanding blueprints, specifications, schedules and costing reports are required
- Thorough understanding of construction process, environmental regulations and safety practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience using B2W software, or similar program, is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft suite is required
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
Apply now to become part of a driven team!
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract to Through indeed or our website
Whissell would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
COVID – 19 Considerations
Employees expected and required to follow all safety and PPE measures, including the outlined use of masks or face coverings and maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters. Whissell evaluates these requirements regularly and follows the recommendation by health authorities and we adjust the requirements as needed.