- Completes a thorough pre-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and periodically throughout shift
- Records deficiencies and reports to Transportation Manager and appropriate shop staff
- Maintains a daily log book as per Commercial Motor Vehicle Act
- Liaises with dispatch to determine daily work assignment(s)
- Operates assigned unit in a safe and effective manner, carrying out assigned duties
- Loads, transports and unloads goods and materials according to known transportation best practices and as per legislative guidelines
- Ensures vehicles and axle weights meet regulatory requirements
- Secures cargo according to legislated requirements
- Keeps assigned unit clean and presentable
- Minor truck and trailer repair and maintenance
- Completes other training as required
- Works with pilot vehicle drivers to ensure safe transportation of over-dimensional loads
- Comply with Whissell and local OH&S regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-leadership, supervisory, interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, fast paced
- Must have previous heavy equipment hauling experience,
- Minimum 2 years’ experience pulling jeeps and trailer combination.
- Winch experience would be an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and multiple field tickets an asset.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Must possess a valid class 1 driver’s license with a recent and clean abstract
- RSTS or CSTS training
Whissell offers a comprehensive benefits program as well as a Safety Incentive Program.
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 403.236.8834, Attn: Human Resources.
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.