Reporting to the Transportation Manager, The Class 1 Tandem Gravel Truck Driver will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values and three daily pillars of safety, quality, and efficiency. This position will effectively haul aggregates throughout the Lethbridge area.
- Haul a variety of materials such as gravel, crushed rock, and loam
- Completes a thorough pre-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and periodically throughout shift
- Records deficiencies and reports to Transportation Manager and appropriate shop staff * Maintains a daily log book as per Commercial Motor Vehicle Act
- Liaises with dispatch to determine daily work assignment(s)
- Operates assigned unit in a safe and effective manner, carrying out assigned duties
- Loads, transports and unloads goods and materials according to known transportation best practices and as per legislative guidelines
- Ensures vehicles and axle weights meet regulatory requirements
- Secures cargo according to legislated requirements
- Keeps assigned unit clean and presentable
- Completes other training as required
- Comply with Whissell regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-leadership, supervisory, interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, fast-paced
- Must have experience hauling aggregates throughout the Edmonton area
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Class 3 driving experience
- Mechanical aptitude and multiple field tickets an asset.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
- Must possess a valid class 3 driver’s license with a recent and clean abstract
- RSTS training is considered an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime will be required during peak construction months.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com , visit our website at www.whissell.ca or fax your resume to 403.236.8834, Subject Line: Class 3 Tandem Gravel Truck Driver – Edmonton/Leduc Area
Whissell Contracting Ltd. would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent