Protecting Canada’s natural environment is a national concern. Whissell shares that concern and is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment while managing our operations economically and efficiently.
We take responsibility in upholding this commitment by:
- Complying with applicable environmental law, industry standards, and our own policies.
- An ongoing commitment to the continual improvement of our Environmental Management System and industry guidelines.
- Making environmental considerations an integral part of our planning process.
- Operating our vehicles and facilities in a manner that protects the environment such as;
- Equipping our hauling fleet GPS to help promote fuel economy and reduce idle.
- ECMs on our trucks to a maximum idle time.
- Identifying and mitigating the adverse impacts of our operations on the environment in keeping with good environmental and business practices.
- Remaining sensitive to the concerns of the public.
- Responding to potential environmental emergencies in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Committing sufficient resources to ensure that our employees are fully informed of their responsibilities and are trained to protect the environment while performing their duties.
Whissell believes that reducing environmental, energy or social impacts in our day to day business will benefit our company, its employees, and our Clients. We are aware that managing resources and using a pro-active approach to protect the environment will ensure the long-term viability and integrity of the business, while not compromising profitability.
At Whissell, all levels of employees and contractors share a common commitment to our Environmental Responsibilities.
- ARHCA Environmental Award
- ESC Plans